Saturday, July 09, 2005

Modems and Mao

I disappeared for a while there ...

My internet connection went down and I was at the mercy of the-guy-who-sorts-me-out- when-disaster-strikes. My modem had kaputted on me, so now I have a new one and am back in business. I grovel in gratitude to David.

Mind you, a respite from the online world was nice for a while because I have some serious reading to do.

"Can you interview Jung Chang on Monday?" said my friend from The Star "And, oh yes, we're sending over her biography of Mao for you to read over the weekend."

Eight hundred pages. Gulp.

Just when I thought I was going to chill out with the little Penguins and a copy of Good Housekeeping.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. Jung Chang. You simply must share that experience here! :)

q said...

WOW, jung chang...

(yea i know, but that was honestly the first thing that popped in my head when i read your post ;-)

bibliobibuli said...

It's a telephone interview ... not fact to face sadly. Am also excited. The article will be in Starmag.

But just see the kind of nice things life is throwing at me at the moment.

Some days I feel like my fairy godmother has sprinkled me with magic dust ... but maybe if I stop believing in myself I'll turn back into a pumpkin.

Chet said...

Haiyoh ... and I was going to rush over to your house with my copy of Wild Swans, and ask you to ask her to sign it for me. Then I remembered I no longer have the book. Lent it to my brother years ago (at least that's what I think I did - lent, not gave), and when I asked him for it, he said he thinks he gave it to a friend. But the point is, an excellent book is making its way to different readers. Hmm ... isn't that one of the aims of that BookCrossing web site?

Anonymous said...

How did the phone interview go?

-Angeline-

bibliobibuli said...

Oops, sorry Angeline, missed your post. It went okay but after a few minutes Jung handed me over to husband and so we could talk about his research, but after that she disappeared and I still had plenty to ask her. Never mind I have enough intersting stuff for my article.

Don't like interviewing on the phone!!

bibliobibuli said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.