Thursday, July 28, 2005

Readings from an Author in Progress

Bernice called me up the other day and asked me if I'd like to do a reading this Saturday p.m. at 67, Jalan Tempinis 1. Of course lah, quoth I. Didn't broadcast the news because I was waiting for her "official" e-mail before I blogged it.

I can now pass it on:-

this month we present an afternoon of wimmin writers

eileen lui
sharon bakar
sharanya manivannan
bernice chauly
jac sm kee
and more

place: 67 tempinis satu, lucky garden, bangsar
time: 3.30 pm
date: 30 july

come one and come all

readings is organized by bernice chauly and is proudly
supported by la bodega and 67tempinis satu.

see you there!!

Wimmin!

Well, I shall read some little snippets from my "novel-in-progress" which also feature "wimmin": Orchid stalking her rival in the gym; Iris hopelessly lost on the roads of Kay Hell; and Peramjit facing her class last lesson on a Friday afternoon.

Glad Eileen Lui is going to read. Her stories are very powerful, and her Chewing Gum Boy was in the anthology I edited. Sharanya's too. And hope "others" includes Muslin Abd. Hamid ...

If you're free, do drop in and join us.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope I can make it tomorrow! I will bring my camera along :)

Anonymous said...

have fun! we'll be in a jungle on a company 'visionary' thing...

sharon. the swf site has not been updated. haiya how to go?

Fiona1 said...

Oh goody! Another book reading. Can I come along? Sounds like it's going to be as memorable as the last book reading I had:)

bibliobibuli said...

Nizam - please do come and bring your camera! Want to have my photoe taken with the piggies.

dz - good excuse to escape! the swf thing is still some weeks away and if the singapore folks are anything like we were when organising a lit fest, things keep changing so its very hard to finalise a timetable. (i have every sypmpathy!!!) just make a decision to go ...

fiona - it should be fun, especially as everyone is reading their own work.