Sunday, August 21, 2005

Is There a Market for Malaysian Fiction in English?

One of the best things about blogging, I'm discovering, is the dialogue it creates.

A couple of days ago I wrote about Nisah's article about recognition for local writers, and got a couple of interesting responses from Eric Forbes, one of my favourite litbloggers. Eric put the whole discussion together on his blog and you can read it here.

This debate, I believe, is vitally important. And I will continue to kick it around.

5 comments:

Clarissa Lee said...

Hi Sharon,
Maybe should had posted here instead but I did a long post to comment on writing in different languages in your post on Nisah's article. Not sure if anyone else would have seen it. since the posting is now archived.

Regards,

Eric Forbes said...

Hello Sharon - Thanks for your vote of confidence! I think there is a technical problem with the link. You might like to re-do it. Thanks. Eric Forbes

bibliobibuli said...

Eric - the link works fine when I try it ... what's happening??

bibliobibuli said...

This is the url if you can't click on the link:

http://goodbooksguide.blogspot.com/2005/08/malaysian-fiction-in-english-is-there_20.html

bibliobibuli said...

Clarissa - very happy to see you here. Hope everyone finds your long posting - and thank you very much for it.