Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Wah!!!! Tash Got Longlisted!!!!!!!!

Goodness, this is my fourth post today. (Do I think I'm blogathonning or something?) But this news just could not wait.

Of course, today is a saints' day for bibliophiles. The Man Booker longlist was announced just a few minutes ago.

And our Tash is on it!

Here's the full list. The Guardian had this to say about the selection. And here's Boyd Tonkin's take on it in The Independent.

Okay ladies and gentlemen, place your bets. Who is going to make it to the shortlist? (I've already placed mine, but not telling. Is there a bookie around?)

Just picked up a copy of Saturday to review today and intend to buy the Ali Smith next trip to MPH. That'll do for starters.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tash the inexorable ? this I gotta see :)

Allan Koay 郭少樺 said...

i heard Tash's book ain't that great! so if he can do it, so can i!!!

let me switch on my puter and work on my novel.

no, wait, dammit! my friends are calling me out for teh tarek. ah maybe i'll start on the novel next week.

mamak stall, here i come! ta ...

Unknown said...

Good news for Tash!

But I guess most people are betting on McEwan's Saturday.

If I remember correctly, last year Purple Hibiscus was there on the longlist too. Perhaps it has become trendy for the Booker to put a debuting Asian or African writer on the longlist.

Anonymous said...

My mouth is so 'masin'. I kinda told everybody around me that Tash should be shortlisted for the Booker this year.

Anonymous said...

Yes! Way to go Tash! Malaysia Boleh. Don't be sour grapeslah, Visitor. Be proud for fellow Msian mah.

Lydia

Allan Koay 郭少樺 said...

sigh, self-deprecation is lost on some.

q said...

the visitor - ahaha.

very cool news. i was a bit late on the tash 'thing', so i have only finished the book last week.

Chet said...

I don't even have a copy, so y'all way ahead of me.

Anonymous said...

Visitor, Oohh! Like that wan. Sori I misunderstood you. Self-deprecation, I know.

Lydia

bibliobibuli said...

Chet - you can borrow one of my copies! Remind me.

Visitor - thought you were gonna be winning Oscars for your films? You can't be too greedy in life you know (but hey, of course you could do it!)

We're all cheering loudly!!