Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Reading Map

If you're feeling a bit bored reading the same old authors and wonder what else is out there, try out the Literature Map. I've been playing with it for hours! Yes, it could do with a little tweaking (some author's name appear twice for example, and some more recent writers haven't been included yet) but I've got some pretty useful suggestions from it.

Also useful on the same site is Gnod: type in the names of your three favourite authors and the search engine will suggest another author you will enjoy. I typed in Atwood, Proulx and Rohinton Mistry, and received the suggestion Vikram Seth, which I thought was pretty good.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

aiyo sharon! i didnt work today, thanks to your links :)

starlight said...

both websites point me in the direction of Toni Morrison. looks like another trip to bookstreet is in the cards! thanks so much for adding a rainbow to an otherwise deary day!

Anonymous said...

aaah... just lost a few hours of work! this site is dangerously addictive...!!!

bibliobibuli said...

oh dear ... beginning to feel guilty as all economic activity in the klang valley grinds to a halt ...

flexnib said...

Thanks Sharon, I shared these with my colleagues. Picture, if you will, a bunch of librarians playing with the Literature Map...

bibliobibuli said...

CW - am grinning at the thought!

Anonymous said...

it's very good. I wish they'd tell me about authors I haven't read though.

bibliobibuli said...

anon - you've just read too much. take a break from reading and learn to cook.