Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Blooking Hell!

I blogged. Someone read it. Someone else read it. Someone else passed it on. The political bloggers linked to me and the world went mad. I blogged some more. Someone read it. Someone liked it. Someone passed it on. A publisher e-mailed me. A book was mentioned. Money was mentioned. I tucked my skirt into my knickers, said "Ok then" and looked for hidden cameras.
The Sunday Times reports how Judith O'Reilly started her blog, Wife in the North, following a move to Northumberland with her family, and how she was discovered by Viking Penguin and offered a lucrative publishing contract. 'Tis the stuff of dreams!

And I particularly like this:
My book deal isn't so much about money, it is more to do with the fact that blogging is a force to be reckoned with. Ultimately blogging is people willing to commit time, effort and emotion. How cool is that?

6 comments:

VictorTan said...

Congrats on you getting the book contract. It is true that blog is a up and coming trend. Can't believe I actually caught on to it. Actually I just started another site for my storyblog...check it out when you're free =)

boo_licious said...

Gosh, that's so inspiring! Now I wish someone will offer me a book deal too. Thxs for highlighting this Sharon.

bibliobibuli said...

congrats not to me, victortan! i wish!! will drop by ...

boo - if i had money i wouldn't hestitate to publish you!!! but seriously, if you can get a book proposal together why not start looking for a local publisher. i would want a book of your blog.

Rob said...

Of course, the fact that Judith O'Reilly was once education correspondent for the Sunday Times might have helped...

bibliobibuli said...

rob - you're right of course. (and hey, technorati tells me i'm a much more linked to blog ... give me lots of lovely dosh someone and i'll write you a book!)

Anonymous said...

Why would anyone want to tuck their skirt into their knickers ? or is that a British thing ? :)