I am particularly thrilled because it comes from someone who reads me right on the other side of the planet - in Chatanooga, Tennessee! (No choo-choo jokes, please.) That actually makes me feel very humbled, and very happy at the connectedness of us all.
Bonnie must be an even more mad keen blogger than I am because she has five blogs. She writes on environmental issues (also very close to my heart) and her litblog is Bonnie's Books.
The award itself is a blog meme invented by Ilkar Yodas' of The Thinking Blog.
I now have to tag five bloggers whose writing makes me think. These are:
1. read@peace - Deepika Shetty
2. Kak Teh's Choc-a-Blog - Kak Teh
3. Eliza's Haberdashery - Eliza
4. Tropic Temper - Glenda Larke
5. So This Is Where You come to Escape - Madcap Machinist
This note is for them:
Congratulations! Your have won a Thinking Blogger Award:Now choosing just five blogs for me was the nightmare part because I read so many blogs with intelligent, well-written content. I would love to see the meme get passed around in Malaysian and Singaporean cyberspace for a while and many more blogs included.
The rules are quite simple.
Should you choose to participate, please make sure you pass this list of rules to the blogs you are tagging.
The participation rules are simple:
1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote.
Please, remember to tag blogs with real merits, i.e. relative content, and above all - blogs that really get you thinking!
The other thing that happened this morning was that Blog Webmaster Malaysia posted a list of top Malaysian bloggers according to "page strength" (which he explains) based on Sabahan.com's list of 50 Most Influential Blogs in Malaysia and this blog is hanging in there quite respectably! (Wow! I'm still higher than Anwar Ibrahim! Books for Prime Minister!)