If you're stuck for names to attach to your latest sprog why not consult the latest book by American author Robert Schnakenberg? Sci-Fi Baby Names list 500 science fiction names from popular TV series and films the Age reports.
Here are some examples from the book:
Or can you think of some better ones??
- Ming: The tyrant ruler of the planet Mongo, more commonly known as Ming the Merciless, initially appeared in the Flash Gordon comic book (1934) and later in the many subsequent movies. Quote: "Pathetic earthlings! Hurling your bodies out into the void, without the slightest inkling of who or what is out there."
- Morpheus: A rebel leader in the three Matrix movies (1999-2003), Morpheus wore cool sunglasses. Quote: "No one can be told what the Matrix is. You have to see it for yourself."
- Amidala: First seen as Padme Amidala in Star Wars: The Phantom Menace (1999), she was later Queen Amidala of Naboo. Quote: "If we do not act quickly, all will be lost forever."
- Lara: Superman's mother was married to scientist Jor-El on the planet Krypton, first seen in the Superman comic strip (1939). Apparently Lara had little to say, because Schnakenberg provides no quote of hers.
- Jabba: Jabba the Hutt was the interstellar (and rather overweight) crime lord whose first appearance was in The Return of the Jedi (1983). Quote: "This bounty hunter is my kind of scum."
- Alice: In the two Resident Evil movies (2002-04) and a third set to be released, loosely based on the video game series, Alice is a woman fighting for her life amid flesh-eating zombies. Quote: "I'm not dead yet."
- Hannibal: Hannibal Chew was the ocular technician in Blade Runner (1982). Quote: "I design yo eyes."