Saturday, November 10, 2007

Good Blog Gossip

By the centrifugal force of bloggetry which sucks you in and spits you out in all directions here are some much good things for you to check out:

A new blog has been set up for the South-East Asian Literature Project with news of an anthology in progress, related projects and some very interesting links. If you are a local writer, you'll want to book mark this!

Deepika writes about organising a reading for Indian author Rana Dasgupta's reading from Tokyo Cancelled, and Zafar was there in the audience. One of the stories in Dasgupta's collection was apparently inspired by the time he spent in Malaysia and Singapore.

Eric announces the release by MPH of Lions in Winter, short stories by Wena Poon. I love what I've read of her work so far in Silverfish collections (another "lapper"?) so can't wait to get hold of this.

I'm still jealous that Swifty got to visit to Pablo Neruda's home in Chile. He also has a very interesting review of Haruki Murakami's After Dark on his blog.

Obiter Dictum gives a thumbs up to The Last Nizam which he calls:

... a delicious slice of history ...

I met John Zubrzycki at Ubud (at one point a few of us were sharing a salad!) but am still kicking myself that I missed his session. This is a book I very much want to read.

Ted is missing in Nanowrimo action. But the good news is that it doesn't seem to be taking him very long to knock out a novel! He's almost a third of the way to the 50,000 target already.

I must also give a mention to Malaysia's Daily Voices which gives a very useful snapshot of what in the Malaysian blogging community by listing the blogs that get the biggest increase in attention and listing the top 15 blog posts. I keep going back to see if I'm on it to get the most current news and pick up interesting opinions. The sort of stuff that we won't see in the main stream newspapers, although really, we should.

One wonders how today's rally will be reported in the press. My heart is with all those taking part.

4 comments:

Amir Muhammad said...

RIP Norman Mailer!

Shakeel Abedi said...

I picked up the book "the essential mailer' after I heard the news and realized: This is one o=man who life and books have been interesting.

Shakeel Abedi said...

You can get the book from Raman, if he has an extra copy, he got it for me. Abebooks, I believe too have several copies available.

bibliobibuli said...

aiyoh. haven't read about it yet. only just woke up ...