Sunday, December 16, 2007

Still More Best Of Lists

The best of the best lists keep coming. I featured a few a couple of weeks back and here are some more. I don't know about you, but I just love them for their useful recommendations ... inadequate though they make me feel when I think of how few of them I've managed to read so far!

Alex Clark in today's Observer lists his personal top ten of 2007 while in the Scotsman, Allan Massie lists the books that didn't make the Booker longlist, but which were none the less, excellent., and other critics also list their favourites.

Scott Pack in the Bookseller says that one of his highlights of the year was:
Seeing Myrmidon make the Man Booker longlist with The Gift Of Rain by Tan Twan Eng. With the eventual winner failing to ignite any real excitement, it is a shame this one didn’t go further.
A whole lot of authors (including Colm Toibin and Geraldine Brooks) list their books of the year in the Age and the Sydney Morning Herald critics also pick the best of the literary crop, throwing in some interesting Australian titles.

(Illustration stolen from the Sydney Morning Herald.)

No comments: