We send our biggest congrats and loudest Malaysia Boleh shouts!
The list :
Best Book Award: South East Asia and the South Pacific :But you'll note that she's up against some stiff competition. The White Tiger was the 2008 Booker Prize winner, and Nam Le's The Boat won the Dylan Thomas Prize.
Best First Book Award: South East Asia and the South Pacific :
- Between the Assassinations -Aravind Adiga (India/Australia)
- The Spare Room -Helen Garner (Australia)
- The Good Parents - Joan London (Australia)
- Forbidden Cities -Paula Morris (New Zealand)
- The Slap -Christos Tsiolkas (Australia)
- Breath -Tim Winton (Australia)
- The White Tiger - Aravind Adiga (Australia)
- The Boat - Nam Le (Australia)
- The Year of the Shanghai Shark -Mo Zhi Hong (NZ)
- Misconduct -Bridget Van der Zijpp (NZ)
- Evening is the Whole Day - Preeta Samarasan (Malaysia)
- The Shallow End Clouds of Magellan - Ashley Sievwright (Australia)
More about the prize and the finalists in other regions later ... just wanted to hit you with this news first.