Saturday, January 30, 2010

Our Local Oprah Announces a Book Club!


Umapagan Ampikaipakan talks about detective fiction on his BFM89.9 and talks about Shamini Flint's Inspector Singh series, Qio Xiaolong's Inspector Chen novels, Michael Chabon's The Yiddish Policeman's Union, Paul Auster's The New York Trilogy. All the books are available from MPH and will be in the shops with special stickers on them.

Uma also announces  a new book club - you have a month to read Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird, and I am going to be one of the guests discussing it with Uma.  Now to re-re-read it!

More of Uma's shows are archived here if you want to play catch up, and they are full of great recommendations if you are not sure what to read. (And I must say that I am really happy about the way BFM keep their programmes accessible in this way so that those of us who forget to tune in at the right time can enjoy the talks later.)

1 comment:

Crankster said...

I have read Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird almost 20 times - I think I almost have it committed t memory.

Yes, I tend to develop obsessive attachment to certain books. We all have our vices.