Friday, July 27, 2007

Blurb Corrected!

In case you missed it - Preeta Samarasan, our latest published overseas Malaysian author dropped me a note to clarify the claim in the blurb that Evening is the Whole Day was the first novel to explore the Indian experience in Malaysia:
I'd never in a million years have claimed to be the first writer to describe the Malaysian Indian experience -- I'm a big fan of K.S. Maniam, for one thing, and I read Rani Manicka's first book too and have great respect for what she set out to do in it. They're not the only two out there, either. I know :-) . I'll see what I can do to track down the author of that blurb and correct its misrepresentations -- thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Oh -- Sharanya, yes I do know the poem. It's a deliberate quotation. Glad someone recognised it!

No comments: