Monday, September 07, 2009

Vikas for Ubud

Always chase your dreams. If you want to be a writer, then don’t get disheartened by the first couple of rejection slips. As I have discovered, it takes just one good agent to help you make your mark in the world. But the important thing is that your product must objectively be good. There are writers, I am sure, who think they have written the next Nobel Prize-winning novel, but maybe the novel is not so good. So get objective advice. Consult your friends, your colleagues, consult those who read books and if they like your book then, I don’t think you should give up, you should keep on trying and I’m sure you will hit the jackpot someday.
Slumdog Millionaire author Vikas Swarup gives encouragment to wannabe-published writers and talks about his work in an interview with Deepika Shetty for Quill magazine. It's up on Eric's blog.

Swarup's new novel is Six Suspects which he describes as an unconventional murder mystery. The author will be appearing at the Ubud Writers and Readers Festival next month.

3 comments:

Dinesh said...

Hi, the link to Eric's blog seems to be dead.

savante said...

Shall continue my writing then! Especially since I'm crazy free these days I ( in between work, reading and interior decorating ).

bibliobibuli said...

thanks Dinesh. sorted.