Sunday, February 07, 2010

My Writing Workshops

I have news of other writing workshops locally ... and the first one to talk about is mine!

My course Getting Started has found a new home now, and I am very excited at the prospect of starting up again with two new groups in February. I haven't usually announced to the world when my courses were taking place (well, kept secret!) because the British Council put the word out for me, word of mouth was working its magic too, and we more people wanting to do the course than I could fit in since I keep the group size small.

Now Eileen and Dennis of Learning Works have offered me space in a very pleasant and newly renovated house in Bandar Utama, just a short distance from where I live. The feel of a place is very important to me, and without wanting to go all touchy-feely on you, I just felt that the vibes for creativity were right!

You can read about Learning Works here, and find details of my course here. Please can you pass the news on to anyone you know who might be interested?

One of the courses I'm starting is in the daytime, which should help me to tap into a whole new market.

If this works out well for me, I have all kinds of plans for other classes I might teach.

Learning Works is also going to be the home of Daphne Lee's workshops and I will put up some thing about her workshops in another post.

3 comments:

Borneo Expat Writer said...

Sharon, Good for you! Now I need to do something like that in Kuching! All the best!

bibliobibuli said...

thanks so much Robert. yes do start something similar up there, i know it would be appreciated

Anonymous said...

Good to have you on board, Sharon! :-)