Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Found Literature

(From my notebook. Names changed!)

Now this intrigues me. One day a couple of months ago when I was walking my usual circuit of the area where I live, I saw a piece of paper by the side of the road. Nosey cow that I am, I picked it up and read it. This is what it said:

"Kuala Lumpur Japanese teacher Mr. Nerome makes the illicit Ms. Jouji now the rise and fall.
Why it is called that this thing was understood.
Consultation from the man's wife was a start.
It was from last years September when two people are familiar.
It was worried about the compatible thing of the class of her class management and the ungoing to school student of the class of her.
When the man who had an eye there gives counsel and having a meal, it comes to make after school in the more familiar relation a back that finished becoming.
He comes to soon go in and out of her house.
Two people become related to flesh. The type of car that he is riding is SERENA.
Plate number WEL 4254.
He has come recently to the condominium (Riana Green) in which she lives everyday."


I like the rough poetry of the broken English, written I'm sure by a Japanese speaker. It tells a story than transcends cultural boundaries. But what did the writer want to achieve by throwing this by the roadside?

And today, I found the same story again, on a sodden piece of paper. And in exactly the same spot! Someone had actually retyped it too! What is happening?

(Another way to get published?)

3 comments:

Shakeel Abedi said...

Parellel universes, Multiverses. I just left a comment on DIna's blog about getting paranoid about missing comments. And then this surreal post.

We are definitely living in a parellel universe, which one at when....

Who knows.

Nice blog Sharon

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Hi Sharon,
Here's to waiting for your next blog...
cheers, susan

bibliobibuli said...

Shakeel - lovely to see you here. I guess you're the one who made me think it would be good to start a blog, so thanks. Am enjoying myself, but stillf eeling my way is to what kind of animal this blog might be.

Thanks for missing me, Susan. Have more things in my head to write than I've got time for right now. Creativity is being poured into mince pies!