Monday, January 23, 2006

Articles of Faith

Had forgotten all about my article in Quill until I happened to see lots of freebie copies on a rack outside MPH. It's the third article in a series about creative writing and talks about fastwriting and gives a whole lot of writing prompts to get a beginner writer started.

Currently on the newstands too is chrome and my article about men not reading books by women, and I've included quotes from my drop-by-the-blog friends, Amir and Greenbottle.

Love to see my articles out there all artistically laid out ... but the one thing that spoils the pleasure is that there's always the next article sitting on my hard drive, refusing to be shaped into anything decent and always always the scary editor ...

Sorry Marisa. Sorry Gim Ean. Sorry Renee. Sorry Ruhayat. Sorry Raman. Sorry Dina.

Perhaps another article for you soon, Pang, now that I've received the check for the last one.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

whya re you sorry? smile!

bibliobibuli said...

guilty conscience! *LOL* see you soon i hope ... will drop you an email later

Kak Teh said...

sharon, how do I get to read your articles from here?

bibliobibuli said...

kak teh - the quill ones and the ones in chrome aren't online but i have a couple of spare copies - can also e-mail them or photocopy 'em and snail mail - don't have your postal address btw

a few months later on i'll ask if i can put them on a website ...

Anonymous said...

what are you apologising for? me, scary?! i'm almost insulted!

of course you may put the chrome articles on your website. ;)

bibliobibuli said...

yo marisa! you are very unscary in person but terrifying in my head when i have a guilty conscience!

Yvonne Foong said...

You mean, you would only write for a publication when they have paid your last piece? Hey, great idea! I almost wanted to demolish TheStar headquarters for the constant delay. LOL! Just kidding.

bibliobibuli said...

no ... i have lots of trust, yvonne ... but usually it takes time