Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Mohana's Award

I am a very shamefaced Sharon right now.

See, I don't usually read the New Straits Times (although I read newspapers from around the world online) so I missed the great news that Mohana Gill has won The Gourmand World Cookbook Award 2007 for her book on vegetarian cooking, Vegemania. This is actually her second award (she won the Special Jury Award for her earlier book Fruistastic!). Read Zahara Othman's article here.

I first met Mohana when she appeared at MPH's Writer's Circle, and was impressed with both her passion for getting out the message about healthy eating and her beautifully produced books with tempting recipes.

My biggest congrats, Aunty Mohana for very well deserved success. (And many thanks to my anonymous commentator who sent me this information. Don't let me slip up again!)

If you'd like a little taste of Mohana's recipes, take a look at these excellent little videos on Friedchillies.tv - Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4.

3 comments:

Kak Teh said...

sharon, mohana is a lovely lady but we had such a short time together. Was very touched when she said she turned to vegetarian cooking because her son turned vegetarian. When my daughter wanted to turn vegetarian, i tried to talk her out of it as I cant cook vegetarian dishes! shame on me! Now I have her book, i have no excuse.

Martin Bradley said...

Excellent news.

But on another subject....... Sharon have you caught this
http://www.wetellstories.co.uk/

Penguin short stories on line.

Yusuf

bibliobibuli said...

yes, yusuf. and am shamefaced i haven't blogged it yet. today then!